Source: Internal Release
- August 11, 2009: U.S. Federal District Court. Ben J. Bingham, Esq. of Benson & Bingham settles case involving injured man for $2,650,000.00. The exact terms and names are withheld due to confidentiality.
- August 20, 2009: Trucking Accident Victim involved in accident on I-80 hires Benson & Bingham to represent him for injures suffered to his neck in a 70 mph rear end accident that occurred in rural Nevada near Battle Mountain. The force broke existing hardware from a previous surgery including titanium screws and cages.
- September 20, 2009: Benson and Bingham files lawsuit against Ford Motor Company for a transmission error in a Ford Explorer causing a “Park to Reverse” defective transmission movement. The vehicle went into reverse without the parking brake being depressed causing an immediate rollback of the vehicle. Caught in the path was a three year old who suffered major facial injuries, orthopedic trauma, and brain damage. Modern vehicles should have modern safety features. This accident should have been avoided.
- October 1, 2009: Motorcyclist who suffered 17 fractures hires Benson & Bingham to represent his interests against Rebel Oil Company when their truck ran a stop sign and collided with the biker. The injuries ranged from a broken neck to leg fractures.
- October 1, 2009: Canadian driver who rear-ended local Las Vegas engineer settles case for $200,000. The impact caused a neck whiplash injury necessitating the need for surgery. The value was compromised given the lower impact of the collision and the degenerative conditions in the Plaintiff’s cervical spine.
- October 30, 2009: Pennsylvania heirs settle case of deceased man run over by a tractor-trailer truck in Las Vegas at the Flying J Truck Stop. The Court must now approve the conditional settlement, as the heirs were minor children.