Benson & Bingham is pleased to announce their first annual scholarship contest for current and prospective law students. Benson & Bingham has a proud heritage of community involvement as well as a strong record of supporting the advancement of the practice of law in both the State of Nevada and the United States. Accordingly, partners Joseph Benson and Ben Bingham elected to offer a scholarship contest available to law students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 who are currently enrolled or recently accepted to an accredited law school.
Benson & Bingham decided to award the winner based upon a writing assignment they felt were law topics currently effecting the state of personal injury in America. Contestants are challenged with the assignment of writing a minimum 600-word essay on one of the following topics:
- The future of driver-less cars and how this will affect the field of personal injury.
- Investigate and report on the past five years of historical motor vehicle accident data in any state, and analyze what state level laws or programs have been instituted during this time to decrease the rate of such accidents.
- Comment and reflect on what personal injury marketing strategies in your local state have been most effective on you, and explain why.
- How technology will affect the practice of law.
- The ramifications of social media platforms on the pursuit of justice for Plaintiffs.
Qualifying essays will be judged by both partners on the merits of originality and provocativeness as well as the applicants’ statistical knowledge of the area of investigation. Potential candidates must submit their essays by August 31st of 2017 with the winner declared on October 31st.
Partner Ben Bingham weighed in on the scholarship offer:
” Joe and I understand the pressures of law school, as well as the financial commitment of those seeking a legal degree. Becoming an attorney is not an inexpensive proposition. Benson & Bingham decided what better way to help individuals obtain their dream then helping with a financial pledge to those interested in their pursuit. However, we wanted to award the winner based on not just their academic success, but through an essay directly related to the field of law we practice. We look forward to receiving the applicant essays and promise to personally review every submission.”
Further details on the scholarship contest can be found here: Benson & Bingham First Annual Scholarship
Benson & Bingham is a Las Vegas and Southern Nevada personal injury and accident law firm with three offices in the Las Vegas Valley: Downtown, Summerlin and Henderson, Nevada. If you or a loved one is in need of compassionate yet aggressive personal injury or accident legal services, contact a firm that is Re-Defining Personal – Benson & Bingham.