You Should Do After An Accident:
2. Call 911 immediately. Report any injuries and they will notify EMS. (If the accident results in bodily injury to or the death of any person or total damage to any vehicle or item or property to an apparent extent of $750 or more, the parties must within 10 days after the accident forward a written report to the police department. NRS 484.229)
3. Move your vehicle to a safe place to prevent additional accidents. If your vehicle cannot be moved, turn on hazard lights, and ask the investigating officers to help you set flares until the vehicle can be towed.
4. Document the names of the individuals at the scene of the accident.
5. If you think the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, insist on a breath test for the other driver.
6. Cooperate with the police and other individuals involved, but never admit fault. You may be asked to show your insurance card, but do not reveal your coverage limits.
7. If the other individual accepts responsibility for the accident, do not accept any money offered to you. By accepting money, you may give up your right to file a claim against the other driver, even if the damages are more extensive than you first thought.
8. Never agree to ignore an accident, even if there appears to be no damage. You may find out later that there were actually hidden damages or injuries or that the other person has filed a lawsuit against you.
9. Write a detailed account of the accident while the information is fresh.
10. If a camera is available, take pictures from various perspectives showing the damage, position of vehicles, skid marks and anything else documenting what happened, and make copies of the pictures.
11. Call Benson & Bingham immediately: 702-382-9797.
Auto Accident Reconstruction Video: What Happens to a Person in a Low Impact Car Crash?
Check out our APPS for Mobile Phones:
Benson Bingham Injury Attorneys (Android App)
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Las Vegas(Android App)
Traffic Ticket Fixed Online (Android App)
Benson Bingham Injury Attorneys Nevada- (iTunes App)
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Las Vegas (iTunes App)
Traffic Ticket Fixed Online (iTunes App)