Types of Medical Malpractice in Nevada
Medical malpractice cases occur more frequently than we would like in our modern medical society. In Las Vegas, you will need a competent and experienced attorney that understands medical terminology. Benson & Bingham Accident Injury Lawyers, LLC are very experienced with Mal-practice cases and have excellent relationships with physicians, nurses, and medical consultants to review the myriad of potential medical malpractice cases.
- Surgical Errors: We handle surgical error claims, whether a surgery was unnecessary to begin with or simply preformed negligently. From leaving in foreign objects to inadvertent burns and lacerations. Often this includes: surgical sponges, instruments, titanium tools, and medical equipment.
- Birthing Injuries: We take cases including birth-related brain injury from oxygen deprivation, due to delayed delivery or a failure to monitor, or other birth-related or in utero injuries, including spinal cord or developmental injuries.
- Nursing Home Injuries: When a loved one has been injured, neglected, or abused in an extended care facility Please refer to Nursing Home Negligence and Types of Nursing Home Injuries.
- IV Infiltration: When the IV fluid intended for the vein goes into the surrounding tissues causing chemical burns, antibiotic reactions, permanent scarring, painful circulatory impairment, and diminished sense of touch. The acceptable risk of harm deteriorates after the IV is neglected for a period of time amounting to a claim of malpractice.
- Failure to Diagnose: An incorrect diagnosis or delayed diagnosis that causes additional injury, whether due to infection or propagation of a disease.
- Product Liability: Sometimes a Doctor or Medical Organization may be at fault for prescribing drugs not in the best interests or welfare of the patient, such as vioxx or reglan suits.
- Back to Medical Malpractice Main