Southern Nevada burn injuries are extremely traumatic.
When you're at home in your apartment or house in Las Vegas, just trying to make yourself a meal and have some comfort after a long day, it's a time of intimacy that's personal to everyone. The last thing you want to be worrying about is your safety, or the possibility of your kitchen catching fire. Unfortunately, this has been the reality for many people living in Clark County. In the year 2017, 6 people died in Southern Nevada from burns, smoke inhalation, or other injuries related to Las Vegas house fires. As you may know, injuries from burns are painful experiences with long recovery times. And in some rare, but serious cases, those injuries can result in death for the victims of fires in homes and apartments.
Just this last week, the unthinkable happened when yet another person in Nevada. On Tuesday, an apartment caught on fire in the central part of the Las Vegas valley. An elderly man, who was the resident of the apartment was doing the simple, mundane act of cooking himself breakfast. Then, in the blink of an eye, a fire breaks out on his stove and, whoosh, the kitchen goes up in flames. The Clark County Fire Department responded to a call about a fire just after 7:20 in the morning. When the fire department received the call, they rushed to the scene of the Clark County residential fire
on the 600 block of Cordoba Lane, near Vegas Drive and Decatur Boulevard. At first, neighbors of the man tried to get to the victim by breaking down the door and surging into the apartment. The smoke was so dark and thick, however, because of that they were unable to proceed and had to call in emergency personnel for assistance. This heroic act was brave, but it could have cost these passerby their lives. Firefighters were able to extract the man, but he had suffered a great deal from both the smoke and the flames in this Southern Nevada apartment kitchen fire. After the man was pulled from the flames, he was rushed to University Medical Center for the treatment of his burns in very critical condition. The man, only identified as an elderly gentleman, later died from his injuries incurred in the fire, although it's unclear if it was from the smoke inhalation or if it was from the complications from his burn injuries. The coroners office will be releasing the Las Vegas house fire victim's name and information after the cause of death has been confirmed and the next of kin have been notified. There was also significant property damage to the apartment, which officials from Clark County are estimating will cost around 60,000 dollars to fix.
House and apartment fires are costly in more ways than one. They can cost you your life, your home, and your paycheck. It's a terrifying experience, being in a house fire, and the injuries are debilitating, and the medical bills can be never ending. After someone's suffered in a house fire, on top of trying to recover and heal from the physical and mental trauma, it can be hard to know where to turn. If you have a pile of medical bills and thousands of dollars in property damage after experiencing an apartment fire in Southern Nevada, you need to find yourself a lawyer that understands the complex legalities around liability and house fires. Benson and Bingham are competent, capable personal injury attorneys, who have worked on multiple fire and burn injury cases in Las Vegas
. If your apartment was recently inspected, or there are clear violations of fire codes by your property manager, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering. Benson and Bingham are the best Las Vegas lawyers to work with, and will offer you a free consultation to understand all of the details of your case. Make the right call and contact Benson and Bingham to start working towards true healing.